fiddlehead definition


fid·dle·head [ fídd'l hèd ] (plural fid·dle·heads) noun
Definition: edible fern shoot: the coiled frond of a young fern, often cooked and eaten as a delicacy

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Vinyl Lager


A hot spring day and a trip to the beer fridge. What's that I see? A lovely Vinyl Lager from Magic Hat Brewery's spring seasonal novelties. Someone hands me a church key. I pop off the top (save it for art projects though) and take a big, cold gulp. Queue this cause it feels like summer!
I am no beer expert, but I know what I like and I like to pull out the flavors just like drinking wine. I hear it pours rich, dark amber but I drank straight from the cold, dewy bottle. The bottle reads lager but it's not lager like to me. It is malty and tastes of caramel but not in on overly sweet way. It starts off smooth but has lots of hops that hit the taste buds after the caramel. Know what it tastes like? Sunshine.

From the brewery: "This brand-new, never-before-poured spring offering to the ancient deities of sunshine and blue sky is a rich and malty smooth-drinking amber lager sensation that makes the season sing."

Jim Pollock, of rock poster fame, designed the beautiful label.

Please go to the website and view the little video promo. So. Adorable. It reminds me of being a kid and watching those great stop motion Christmas movies only this one has a pixie with wings and daisies.

No comments:

Post a Comment