fiddlehead definition


fid·dle·head [ fídd'l hèd ] (plural fid·dle·heads) noun
Definition: edible fern shoot: the coiled frond of a young fern, often cooked and eaten as a delicacy

Monday, May 10, 2010

giddy in the garden


I walk out to my garden 3 times a day. I check on it, water it, talk to it and stare at it. It is a thing of beauty that changes every day. We have a relationship, the garden and I. It is symbiotic. I nurture it and it feeds me. The nurturing of the garden feeds more than my body, however. I have found that it is feeding my soul. Veggies fresh picked and still warm from the sun taste better than any I have ever tasted. They taste better too knowing that I can grow them.

I found this quote today and it made me think of my garden.

The greatest delight the fields and woods minister is the suggestion of an occult relation between man and the vegetable. I am not alone and unacknowledged. They nod to me and I to them. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Now I must go check on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment