fiddlehead definition


fid·dle·head [ fídd'l hèd ] (plural fid·dle·heads) noun
Definition: edible fern shoot: the coiled frond of a young fern, often cooked and eaten as a delicacy

Sunday, May 2, 2010

My face is red


My face is red...because I just got slapped! My son slapped me (lightly) after I asked his review of his first bite of Chocolate Slap Yo Mama ice cream from Jake's Ice Cream. He didn't come up for air until there was nothing left. I couldn't wait to try the strawberry rhubarb piescream. It was sweet, light and had big pieces of frozen rhubarb and strawberries throughout along with graham cracker crumbs. The crumbs added a perfect texture that made my bowl seem more like a dessert than just a scoop of ice cream. We also tried the red velvet, a surprisingly perfect imitation of a cupcake. It tasted like a cupcake with buttery icing but was cool and refreshing like ice cream. sold.

The Irwin Street Market was a delightful spot, as I had hoped. It is brimming with hope and possibility and filled with locally made foods and gifts. Can't wait to try more flavors, cannolis, coffee, Candi's breakfast.... on my next visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment