fiddlehead definition


fid·dle·head [ fídd'l hèd ] (plural fid·dle·heads) noun
Definition: edible fern shoot: the coiled frond of a young fern, often cooked and eaten as a delicacy

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Irwin Street Market









A brilliant concept from innovator, Jake Rothchild is in town. I have yet to check out The Irwin Street Market, but I will this weekend. I love the concept of being an incubator of sorts and allowing start up creations to blossom. This is a gift to our city. Someone's passion or hobby can turn into a full-time job or business with the help of the market and it's community kitchen. I just listened to his interview on gravity free radio. I loved how excited he got about losing one of the popular vendors because they "graduated" and made it to the big leagues. Jake is lovely.

I remember how a few years ago he created a special ice cream for my son's birthday party at Jake's. "Funky Monkey" was a delicious treat but also a very special gift for my boy.
Had to throw in a photo of the monkey cake I made. His "hair" was made of individually placed chocolate jimmies. The chocolates were monkeys-in-a-barrel that linked together. I only had one mold so I was making monkeys for days.

No comments:

Post a Comment