fiddlehead definition


fid·dle·head [ fídd'l hèd ] (plural fid·dle·heads) noun
Definition: edible fern shoot: the coiled frond of a young fern, often cooked and eaten as a delicacy

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hope

I was out of town for last weekend's Team Hidi benefit for chef Ryan Hidinger and I felt my distance immensely. I longed to be in the space filled with collective hope and love. I wished to be able to send what was in my heart to Ryan and Jen. The closest I could get, being 1000 miles away, was texting back and forth with those present. I cried viewing the screen shots of my favorite chefs and servers giving to a man and a cause dear to them. I sobbed along with the video of Ryan speaking. I cheered when I found out they raised over $100,000 and then cheered some more when it surpassed $200,000.

Since learning of Ryan's cancer diagnosis and seeing the Atlanta community reach out and band together, I too have more hope within my soul. Togetherness is a powerful, transforming tool. I have great love for the men and women organizing benefits for Ryan and standing alongside him for the duration of this fight. I believe in the power of hope and love.

“Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all.” 
 
--Emily Dickinson

This is a list of some pretty great Atlanta businesses who helped:
Abattoir
Floataway Cafe
Bacchanalia
Muss & Turner's / Local Three
4th & Swift
Brick Store Pub / Leon's Full Service
Rathbun's
Taco Mac
Canoe
STG / Bocado
Miller Union
No. 246 / The Optimist
Double Zero Napoletana / The Iberian Pig
Restaurant Eugene / Holeman & Finch
Rosebud
Southbound
Noni's
Empire State South
Cakes & Ale
Greg Hardesty with Recess in Indy
Six Feet Under
Octane
Honeysuckle Gelato
Fox Brothers BBQ / The Big Tex
Six Feet Under
Octane
Miso Izakaya
One Eared Stag / Holy Taco
Genki
Murphy's
Cardamom Hill
Pine Street Market
Woodfire Grill
The Sound Table
Aria
Emily G's Jams

No comments:

Post a Comment